The ECM-77BC is probably the most often seen lapel microphone on TV and it is used widely in both studio production and on location. Its popularity is based on a combination of excellent sound quality, robust construction and an attractive cosmetic design. This microphone is the ECM-77BC supplied with a 4-pin locking plug for use with WRT-822 and WRT-8B wireless transmitters.
Features: • Designed for high quality voice pick-up - The ECM-77’s capsule features a voice emphasis curve, extended frequency response and sensitivity.
• Minute size - The capsule has a diameter of only 5.6mm and is 12.5mm long.
• Ready for wireless systems - The ECM-77BC is compatible with the WL-800 beltpack transmitters (WRT-822 and WRT-8), providing high quality wireless microphone systems for video production.
Benefits: • Hands Free - As a lapel microphone, the ECM-77 is an alternative to the traditional hand held microphone and being ‘hands free’ it allows the presenter to concentrate on her/his performance.
• Professional Image - The ECM-77 is probably the most seen microphone on TV and its compact design creates a professional image.
• Easy and Familiar Operation - The ECM-77 is an essential tool for achieving good quality voice recording. The microphone’s capsule is designed for voice pick-up with an extended frequency response and impressive sensitivity. The popularity of the microphone in TV production means that most sound people will be familiar with using the ECM-77
40 Hz - 20 kHz
Max SPL (sound pressure)
diameter 5.6 mm, length 12.5 mm
This microphone is the ECM-77BC supplied with a 4-pin locking plug for use with WRT-822 and WRT-8B wireless transmitters
Sound Pressure Level: 120 dB max
Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
Dimensions: diameter 5.6 mm, length 12.5 mm
Weight: 1.5 g (capsule only)
• Supplied with a 4-pin locking plug for use with WRT-822 and WRT-8B wireless transmitters
Sony has produced over five million professional ECM (Electret Condenser Microphones) microphones and the ECM-44 is the affordable, general voice model. It provides good sound quality and is widely used in business presentation systems and TV production. The ECM-44 is available in four versions, featuring different connector types. This model, ECM-44B, is the XLR version with power barrel for use as a wired microphone.
Features: Tuned for voice pick-up
- The ECM-44’s capsule features an emphasis curve and a suitable frequency response for voice pick-up. Compact size - The capsule has a diameter of only 8.5mm and is 14.5mm long. Ready for wired applications - The ECM-44B is the wired version with an XLR output and integral power supply barrel. This version can either be powered by an external microphone amp or internally by battery (LR6 or AA size). A single AA battery will provide several thousand hours of use.
Convenient to use - The ECM-44 is an affordable alternative to the traditional hand held microphone and being ‘hands free’ it allows the presenter to concentrate on her/his performance Professional image - Either ‘in front of camera’ or at a business presentation the ECM-44 creates a professional and tidy image. Easy to use - It can often be difficult to achieve good quality voice pick-up but the ECM-44 can help get good results. The microphone's capsule is designed for general voice pick-up with a mid-frequency emphasis characteristic and a suitable frequency response